You're a pretty active, on-the-go kind of guy (or you're buying for one).
Weekends are made for hitting the trail, watching the big game, or having a night out on the town with your special someone.
Fashion means more than just good looks and fly-by-night trends to you. It's also quality, form, and function. A bit of aesthetic flair and style combined with durability and usefulness. You're not the flashy type, but if someone notices you, you’re not shy about it, either.
And all that has you on the hunt for the perfect wallet to meet your lifestyle and your mindset. What better than good quality, good-looking leather? And to meld your active, busy life with a full-function product, you're considering a leather card holder.
You undoubtedly have some questions or you wouldn't be where you are right now. And I've got some answers for you. So, let's get on with helping you find the answers you need.
Table of Contents
1 - What Is a Leather Card Holder?
Simply put, a leather card holder is a wallet-like accessory made for the active, stylish man who wants to keep his cash, ID, credit, debit, business cards, and loyalty cards close—without a bulk of a traditional bifold or trifold wallet.
As you can see, it's slim and trim. It easily fits in the palm of your hand. Our card holder is precisely 2.8" wide x 3.75" tall x 0.28" thick. It's perfect to carry in your front jeans pocket or the inner pocket of your suit coat.
Our leather card holders come in a range of four different finishes, including a natural look (shown above), a lighter English Tan, a darker Heritage Brown and black.
You can also choose from a variety of thread colors for the hand-stitched Tiger thread edge, depending on the leather finish you choose.
So your leather card holder is a slim, minimalist accessory that offers you quality leather and fashionable choices.
2 - What Is a Leather Card Holder Used to Carry?
Card holders are made to carry a small number of cards and some folded cash, and that's pretty much it. That minimal functionality is ideal for the active guy who maybe only needs his ID, one or two other cards, and a bit of cash for his weekend outing or average workday.
Popov Leather's card holders are made to hold a maximum of six cards in a single slot. That's your ID, your debit card, your gas station loyalty card, a backup credit card, and maybe your health insurance card, too, if you're more of the adventurous type. And you’ll still have room for one more.
Maybe you need more than that?
Perhaps your job requires you to carry business cards, or you keep a military or work ID alongside your regular ID. Loyalty cards can get out of hand, too.
The table below outlines the number of cards each of our Popov wallets can hold, to help you find just the right accessory for you.
|Popov Wallet Type||Number Of Cards|
||6 or less|
*Trifold wallet holds 8 cards plus an ID
So, if you carry more than six cards on a routine basis, there are seven other products to choose from.
3 - Is a Leather Card Holder the Right Choice for You?
I'm not trying to talk you out of buying one of our leather card holders, but they really are ideal for a certain type of guy with a certain type of life and fashion sense. If I thought they were the perfect solution for every man on the planet, I wouldn't offer so many other options.
With that in mind, let's talk a bit about the kind of man who would do well with a leather card holder.
- Active: The slim design and basic function of a card holder make this wallet ideal for the guy on the go. Whether it's a weekend in the woods, a full day of bargain hunting, or a round of clubbing, a card holder carries your bare necessities easily and securely.
- A traveler: A card holder can easily go from your attaché case to your front pants pocket to your overcoat and back again. No need to stop and change how you carry your cards and cash. You may need to grab your passport, but other than that, your goods are ready to go when you are.
- Concerned with buying quality products: Popov Leather products come with a lifetime guarantee. That's how much I value the materials and construction that go into manufacturing our items. If I wouldn't buy it or use it, I won't sell it, either.
- One that prefers to do business with "the little guys": When you buy from Popov Leather, you’re supporting a team of about 20 folks and their community. Every order is made from scratch, to order. It takes a little longer, but it's well worth the wait. We may be small, but we're big on caring about our products, our customers, and our community.
- Has a flair for fashion and his own personal style: Our products look good. The leather feels good. It has that fantastic leather smell. As it ages, it develops a beautiful patina that’s unique to the owner. Like fine wine, fine leather improves with age and wear.
Here's what one of our buyers had to say about his Popov Leather card holder and his experience. I think he's the perfect kind of guy to carry one, based on his review:
"Night on the town? Drive to an antique shop? Wearing your suit? Get this wallet."
He's got it almost all covered. Night out? Shopping for that perfect find? Dressed to the nines? A card holder is just the thing your lifestyle needs to carry your cash and cards.
4 - Why Buy Your Leather Card Holder From Popov Leather?
I'd like to think by now I've convinced you that you and a leather card holder are a match made in heaven. And if not, I've given you plenty of other options in our leather wallet line to choose from.
More importantly, I'd like to think that our lifetime guarantee, our quality manufacturing, our kind and caring team, and our sense of community has meant something to you. That you're right for us and we're right for you.
But just in case I haven't, and R.L.’s review wasn't enough, here are a couple more of our more-than-happy card holder customers to help you make up your mind:
"Absolutely love this wallet. There’s an elegance in its simplicity. It smells absolutely divine … the stitching and burnishing are top notch!"
"This is as good as it gets in a minimalist card holder wallet. Great matched companion to my pocket armor and watch band."
Come visit the Popov Leather store today. Call or email if you have questions about our leather card holder wallet or any of our products. My team and I will be happy to help you (or your guy) become a Popov kind of guy, too.
Article by Ryan Popoff
Ryan Popoff is the CEO and Co-Founder of Popov Leather. He has absolutely no business background, in fact, he graduated in 2012 with a bachelor's degree in fine arts. Ryan's leather goods business was born from a hobby at the dining room table and a passion for technology (ecommerce in particular). Ryan calls Nelson BC his home where he's raising his family and enjoys spending the odd afternoon at a local craft brewery.