DIY Leather Belt Kit - English TanRegular price Sale price $89.00 USD Save 0%
Learn a New Skill
Crafted by You
Stay at home and make along with Popov Leather!
Ever wanted to make your own leather belt? With our DIY Belt Kit, you have all the necessary tools and instructions to make one for yourself! Immerse yourself in a new hobby - leather-working isn't as daunting as you might think!
Each kit comes complete with the materials you need to make a belt that can be cut up to 44" length (roughly 42" waist size).
We include both video and downloadable instructions that detail every step of the belt making process. And we are also here for support if you have questions.
What's included in this DIY kit:
- 1 x Horween Leather Strap measuring 44" in length and 1.5" wide
- 1 x Horween Leather Belt Keeper Piece
- 1 x Length of Tiger Thread
- 2 x Harness needles for hand-sewing
- 3 x Sets of Chicago Screws (1 extra set acts as a spare)
- 1 x Solid Brass Belt Buckle
What's not included in this kit:
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Punching surface
- Tape measure
Optional: Strap End Punch & Hole Punch:
- Be sure to include the strap end punch and hole punch if you do not have one at home. We made this tool set optional to keep costs low and so folks could get more than one belt kit without having to buy the tools again.
- 4.0mm Hole Punch made from carbon steel
- 40mm Strap End Belt Punch made from carbon steel
How to size your belt:
About this belt:
Our full-grain Horween leather develops a rich patina and fits better over time. A solid brass buckle offers a comforting weight and keeps your pants where you want them. Chicago screws allow you to swap out your belt buckle if the need arises.
- Made with thick 9oz Horween® leather. This is a durable, thick leather that will develop a rich patina and fit you better and better over the years.
- Our solid brass buckle and metal hardware keeps your belt where it needs to be and offers a comforting heft.
- 1.5” strap width fits through standard belt loops on any pair of jeans; it's our classic strap width.
- Strap length will accommodate a belt length of up to 44" (42" waist) comfortably. Any size smaller than that can be cut to size by you.
Please note: since you are making the belt, we cannot offer a lifetime guarantee on this product. Faults from craftsmanship are your responsibility. This kit is a final sale and intended for personal use only.
Do you offer free shipping?
We offer FREE shipping on orders over $75 USD.
How long does it take to make my order?
All our products are made and shipped within 1-3 days. Please see our FAQs page for more information.
What are your return policies? What if I don't like it?
We offer a generous satisfaction guarantee: just send the product back to us for a full refund. No questions asked.
What happens if this product gets damaged?
All items are guaranteed for life if damage occurs through the fault of our craftsmanship. I ask that you ship the item back to me for repair and I will do so free of charge. You must cover the shipping costs.
Do you do custom orders?
At this time we are only offering personalization (initials, names, dates) on our products. We are not accepting commisions for new designs.
Does the leather pictured look exactly like the product I will receive?
Please be aware that every roll of leather absorbs dyes differently and colouring may appear slightly different than shown in our pictures. Finally, this is a hand-made piece; expect minor imperfections - this is what makes your product unique and gives it character.